Saturday, March 6, 2010

Fever...

So, my RSV is gone, I'm home from the hospital, and I'm not on oxygen anymore. Still, no clean bill of health yet...I've caught Olympic Fever. I watched all the action and recreated it in our family room: bobsledding, downhill and cross country skiing, snowboarding, skicross, luge – you name it, I did it. And I picked up a few heroes along the way:

Ryan Miller - USA hockey goalie


Shani Davis - USA long track speed skater


J.R. Celski - USA short track speed skater


Louie Vito - USA snowboarder


Shaun "Flying Tomato" White - USA snowboarder


My favorite, though, was this guy: Apolo. Anton. Ohno!






I watched each of his races, and then reenacted them, copying his style as I "skated" my way around and around our leather ottoman coffee table.

Problem was, short track speed skating doesn't really work on carpet, so I convinced Mom and Pops to let me try the real thing.

















My skates



Watching the Zamboni



The Zamboni



Sweaty and happy

3 comments:

Amy said...

I can't wait to go ice skating with you!

Carol said...

Your little guy is one amazing kid!!
I've never seen such tenacity and love of all things "Sport" in a kid his age. How cool that he has such supportive parents that will help him achieve his goals. Way to go Lefty!!! You've done something grandma has never done before...I've only roller skated. We're so proud of you!!

Fannie said...

I am so mad about the whole Louie Vito movie situation. I could have taken the favorite aunt spot forever and ever with that one.